Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thank You




I'm a little early for the season of being thankful, but I wanted to mark something important: My blog recently hit 10,000 views! 

I didn’t expect that to happen for a long time or maybe ever. It took a long time before I even cracked 1000. I just wanted to say thank you to anyone who has read or commented on this blog. I started this blog in February of this year, and I didn’t know what to expect. One of my life goals is to write a book about the bizarre health adventure I’ve been on the last few years, but this is a daunting goal right now so I thought a blog would be a little more manageable.

Writing has given me something to focus on as the chaos of illness was taking over my life during the last year, and it’s been cathartic and transformative. It's helping me feel productive as I am not able to work. Through this blog, I have been able to connect with people who inspire me, and it has helped me feel like I am part of a community. It’s been a real gift.

The purpose of this blog was not an exercise in narcissism or to unleash my crazy into the digital ether (although it is out there now); my goal was to make sense of this strange ride and then make it useful for others. 

I contemplated abandoning writing this a few times this year as life became overwhelming or when I felt like I was just a prating fool, but I knew I had more to say. I’m thankful I didn’t give up and thankful people have found value in it. I'm working on more posts and even submitting some writing. Wider venues offer opportunities to raise awareness about rare conditions and the often invisible battle of chronic illness.

I figured I would take the plunge and make a Facebook page for the blog, which you can find here.

Thank you for reading, for inspiring me, and for showing me how to be a warrior. Whoever you are and wherever you are, keep up the dream alive and know you aren’t alone in whatever battle you are fighting.

From my couch to yours :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!